St Hugh’s has robust procedures in place to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus and help protect the health of all members of our school community, including pupils, staff, parents and visitors.
As a community, we all have a duty of care as well as a vested interest in making sure that guidelines are followed and expectations are managed, and it is very important that children, staff, parents and visitors understand, support and adhere to the measures we have put in place.
PUPIL / PARENT REQUIREMENTS
First and foremost, the guidance from Public Health England is to closely monitor the onset of symptoms. We will ensure this happens in school and ask you to help us with this at home.
If your child is unwell and displays any Coronavirus symptoms whilst at school, you will be contacted to request that your child is collected at the earliest opportunity.
- If your child has, or develops, a high temperature or a new, continuous cough or loss of taste/smell, they MUST STAY AT HOME and go for a PCR test.
- If you choose to test your child using a LFT and the result is positive, they MUST STAY AT HOME in accordance with Government guidelines
- If your child has a positive PCR test, they MUST STAY AT HOME until their isolation period is over.
- If your child tested positive using a LFT but subsequently tested negative on a PCR test, and if they have no symptoms, they can return to school.
- The latest government stay at home guidance can be found here.
NHS Test and Trace are responsible for liaising directly with families regarding contact tracing.
NHS Test and Trace will contact you to:
provide you with guidance if your child has a positive PCR test result
let you know that you have been identified as a contact
check whether you are legally required to self-isolate
provide you with Stay at Home Guidance
A full risk assessment has been completed and any visitors coming on to the school site will need to adhere to the following measures:
- All visitors must follow the latest government guidance on the wearing of face coverings.
- All visitors will be required to abide by the current social distancing requirements during their time on sit
A link to the School’s Covid-19 Risk Assessment can be found by clicking on the link below. Please note that this document is continuously reviewed and updated in response to changes in guidelines.