St Hugh’s has robust procedures in place to mitigate the risk of Coronavirus and help protect the health of all members of our school community, including pupils, staff, parents and visitors.
As a community, we all have a duty of care as well as a vested interest in making sure that guidelines are followed and expectations are managed, and it is very important that children, staff, parents and visitors understand, support and adhere to the measures we have put in place.
PUPIL / PARENT REQUIREMENTS
An information flow-chart to help you decide on which action is necessary can be found here
Symptoms at Home
- If you, your child or anyone else in your household has Coronavirus symptoms your child must not attend school and should get tested as soon as possible.
- We ask that parents email a copy of the test results to the school nurses firstname.lastname@example.org
Symptoms in School
- If your child is unwell and displays any Coronavirus symptoms whilst at school, they will be taken to the school medical centre and you will be contacted to request that your child is collected at the earliest opportunity.
- Parents (or an authorised adult) coming to school to collect a child, must remain in their car and telephone reception 01367 870700. Your child will be escorted to your vehicle from the isolation area.
- We ask that your child gets tested as soon as possible and the results are emailed to the school nurses email@example.com
If your child or anyone in your household shows symptoms of Coronavirus, it is important that they are tested as soon as possible and that the following Government guidelines are followed:-
- Your child must not come to school until they have received their test result
- If the test results are negative, your child can return to school.
- If the test results are positive, your child must remain at home for 10 days.
- If anyone in your household or with whom you have had contact, tests positive for Coronavirus your child must not return to school for 14 days.
A full risk assessment has been completed and any visitors coming on to the school site will need to adhere to the following measures:
- All visitors must have a pre-agreed appointment
- All visitors must wear face coverings whilst on the school premises and use hand sanitiser before entry into any school building
- All visitors will be required to abide by the current social distancing requirements during their time on site
- On arrival, visitors will remain in their vehicle until greeted by a member of staff.
- When registering on site, visitors will be required to sign a disclaimer regarding C19, confirming the following:
- They do not currently have any symptoms of Coronavirus
- No one in their household has symptoms of, or has tested positive for, Coronavirus within the past 14 days
- They have not returned from a country requiring quarantine within the last 14 days
- Visitors will always be accompanied whilst on site.
- Visitors will not be allowed into any classrooms where children are present
- Visitors will remain outside as much as possible and follow the one-way system in place around school
A link to the School’s Covid-19 Risk Assessment can be found by clicking on the link below. Please note that this document is continuously reviewed and updated in response to changes in guidelines.