THE MEDICAL CENTRE
The Medical Centre is situated in the heart of the school near the dining room. It is equipped to provide for the medical and emotional needs of all the children and staff at St Hugh’s. It is staffed Monday to Friday from 8.00am – 5.30pm by one qualified nurse, Mrs Fiona Lines (known as 'Nurse Fiona'), who is a member of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and Royal College of Nursing (RCN), and by two medical assistants who are qualified First Aiders.
Children can visit the medical centre anytime, whether unwell or unhappy - a friendly face and listening ear can always be found.
Should parents wish to view any of the medical policies, please contact the nurse.
MEDICATION IN SCHOOL
- Parents are reminded that any medicine that is required in school must be brought to the medical centre and given to the staff member on duty - and not handed to form teachers or carried by your child (unless there is an agreed reason for this).
- Medication will only be accepted if it is written in English, in the original container in which it was dispensed, and be in date and compatible with your child’s age.
- Parents must sign a consent form for the medication to be given. This can be submitted online via this link.
- At the end of each half term, please remember to pick up your child's medication from the nursing team.
EXCUSING YOUR CHILD FROM GAMES
If, on any day, a pupil is unable to take part in games for any reason, an email or a note should be given to our medical staff firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly explain why your child needs to be taken off games and for how long.
If it is necessary for your child to be absent from school for a doctor's or dentist's appointment during the day, please let the form teacher know in advance.
- Mrs F Lines - Head Nurse
- Mrs D Pargeter - Medical Assistant
Please use email@example.com to contact any member of the team.